Otago Polytechnic scholarships
Irihapeti Ramsden Memorial Midwifery Scholarship
Other scholarships available at Otago Polytechnic
- Established in 2007 as a partnership between Otago Polytechnic and Nga Maia, this scholarship is available for Māori students accepted into the Otago Polytechnic Bachelor of Midwifery programme.
- Two scholarships are available each year.
- Otago Polytechnic provides a fee discount – 50% in year one; 75% in year two and 100% in year three. Nga Maia provides whanau support to the student throughout the programme.
- Download the pamphlet below for more information and apply by letter of application to the School of Midwifery upon acceptance into the programme.
- There are several types of scholarships for Māori and Pasifika students and scholarships for school leavers
- Follow this link to the scholarship information on the Otago Polytechnic website.
rihapeti Ramsden Scholarship
Information on these scholarships is coming soon
General scholarships for Māori students
Hauora Māori Scholarships 2012
- 500 scholarships are available to support and encourage Māori students taking up careers within the health sector.
- Follow this link: Hauora Maori Scholarships 2012
- is enrolled and attending a wananga, college of education, polytechnic or university
- is studing a health related NZQA-accredited course of at least 12 weeks duration
- can demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Maori health and wellbeing studies
- has whakapapa and/or cultural links with te Ao Māori or Māori communities.
- The scholarships are administered by the Ministry of Health and awarded to students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies across the health portfolio, including nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, medicine, physiotherapy, health management and dentistry.
- There are also special grants included in the Hauora Māori scholarships which recognise students who have achieved outstanding success in areas of Māori health:
- Te Apa Mareikura scholarships are awarded to people who are competent in community health, have strong connections with the community, proven leadership ability, effective community networks and academic performance contributing to future Māori health gains.
- John McLeod scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership qualities and commitment to Māori health.
- Otago Polytechnic has information about external scholarships for Māori and Pasifika students.
Follow this link: Maori and Pasifika Scholarships
New Zealand College of Midwives scholarships
The College offers small scholarships to student members undertaking midwifery programmes in New Zealand. These are advertised through the College newsletter towards the end of each year and close in February. Please contact the College for more information.
Follow this link: NZ College of Midwives
Other scholarship resources
The Otago Polytechnic website has information about external scholarships. Follow this link: External Scholarships